The majority of the intricately designed buildings in Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and Westchester are masonry constructions that contribute to most of the city’s skylines. Masonry has been around since times unknown, and it is the oldest form of construction. Property owners prefer using mason materials for putting up buildings cause of variable reasons.
Thus masonry contractors Brooklyn are always in high demand for the quality of service they deliver and the extended longevity of the constructions that can stand the test of time!
Masonry: An Insight
In simple terms, masonry is the construction of structures from individual units. These units are laid in various patterns that are secured together with mortar. What is a masonry contractor? – A skilled and trained professional specializing in manoeuvring various types of masonry units. Usually, commercial masonry contractors use bricks, stone, and concrete blocks (mason materials) to build highly durable and affordable structures. So, whether it is the construction of a marble floor or a yellow-painted concrete wall, everything is a part of masonry services.
Read More:- Facts to Know Before Hiring Certified Masonry Contractors NYC
New construction or remodelling- masonry has always been a popular choice among property owners. For driveways, sidewalks, chimneys, patios, or garages, masonry offers extensive material preferences that are available in various price ranges.
Types of Masonry
Based on the look and purpose of a construction, masonry contractors New York propose the following types of masonry services:
- Brick Masonry- Brick is the cheapest masonry material, comparatively lightweight and easier to handle. Since all the units are consistent in shape and size, any masonry man can conveniently work with them. However, they are vulnerable to seismic damage and offer limited color options.
- Stone Masonry- With great strength and durability, stone masonry is weather resistant, demanding less maintenance. Available in multiple colors like white, black, yellow, etc., textures, and sizes, you have numerous options- marble, granite, limestone, travertine, etc. It is, however, more expensive than other masonry forms.
- Concrete Block Masonry- Concrete blocks are widely used in masonry construction services because they are resistant to natural and chemical damage. Also, they can be customized according to project requirements. But, these blocks are heavy and difficult to handle.
Why is Masonry Popular?
There are several reasons behind the everlasting demand and popularity of masonry construction:
Read More:- How do Masonry Contractors Improve Constructability?
- The long-lasting durability of masonry is the most significant benefit responsible for its widespread acceptance. Extreme weather conditions, corrosion, or rotting- masonry can withstand a high degree of tension.
- Masonry offers enhanced structural integrity offering superior strength and stability to a construction.
- With fire-resistant properties, masonry is a preferred choice for the construction of residential and commercial buildings.
- Masonry provides better insulation that helps in lesser energy consumption.
- According to commercial masonry contractors, it is the best choice for constructing big projects as it can bear huge compressive weight.
- Masonry proposes greater design flexibility and enhanced curb appeal.
- Lastly, masonry is an environment-friendly form of construction because all the materials are naturally derived.
Thus, as the most versatile and durable construction material, masonry will always win the spot!