Though a significant aspect of construction, the roof of a building rarely undergoes a proper maintenance strategy. Whether made of shingles, concrete, or metal, every roof has a specific lifespan which is extensively determined by its upkeep. When you encourage regular inspection and take the prompt initiative to resolve the issues, you can escape the early replacement of the whole roof. Increasing the lifespan of your building roof comes with the requisite level of care and a bit of endeavor.
The renowned cities in New York, like Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, and Westchester are cramped with tall commercial buildings and illustrious residential units. Experiencing extreme temperatures and a substantial amount of rainfall, the roofs of the buildings are highly affected, making them susceptible to severe damage. It jeopardizes a safe living environment. Hence, as a property owner, you must encourage roof inspection by a reliable roofing contractor Queens NY.
Expert Tips for Roof Maintenance
Apart from painting the walls yellow and cleaning doors and windows, roof maintenance should also be one of the most important considerations. As a barrier against harsh weather conditions and other external elements, proper functioning of the roof is of utmost necessity.
Check out the essential checklist for roof maintenance as recommended by the expert roofing companies in Queens NY:
- A roof inspection by a professional at least twice a year is a quintessential step for an ideal roof maintenance strategy. A roofing expert surveys your roof thoroughly to detect areas of concern like leaks, cracks, bubbles, and so on. This will help you to identify the exact fixes and the required expenses.
- If you have a roof made of shingles, check it often, especially after a heavy storm or gusty winds. You may have missing shingles apart from other common problems like warps, cracks, and peels. Ageing too is a major culprit for frail and crumbling shingles with missing granules. An experienced roofing contractor Brooklyn NY can repair or replace damaged shingles that may cause grave disasters.
- A coat of UV protective layer in white or yellow color minimizes the extent of heat damage. Also, it aids in improved insulation reducing power consumption needs. In other words, you pay less for electricity bills!
- Cleaning the gutters occasionally will keep your roof protected against water backflow. Mostly gutters clog due to accumulated debris like dry leaves, dust, stones, etc. Without the proper functioning of the gutters, you will certainly experience pooling water along with the growth of moss and algae.
- Re-caulking loosened flashing is an effective step towards sealing open joints. It extensively protects from water damage like seepage, damping, etc.
- Overhanging tree branches are a potential threat to your roof. It may lead to cracks, weak spots, clog gutters, and rotting. Roofing service Brooklyn NY can help in trimming the branches and fixing damage (if caused).
Regular maintenance of your roof will not only save you from potential catastrophes, huge investments too! Repair is always better than replacement- don’t you think so?