As a homeowner, your house is perhaps the most important asset you own! So, keeping it in good condition with proper maintenance must be your prime concern always! We are not talking of the interior or exterior decor or cleanliness, but the condition of the walls, floor, roof, basement, and doors and windows too. And not to forget, the foundation of the house counts too!
The repair and replacement of these primary elements of your property may cause the expenditure of a large sum of sum, but they are significant for the safety and security of your family and the neighbouring houses too! The list is pretty long when coming to home repair solutions, however, foundation repair is the most crucial among all of them.
For any building, the foundation constitutes the major aspect of the entire structure. Since the foundation bears the load of the whole construction, it must be well-built to withstand natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, storms, etc. Thereafter, a strong foundation assures safety to your family.
When does Your House Need Foundation Repair?
Early signs of damage and immediate fix can help in reducing the foundation repair cost to a considerable extent. Generally, massive defilement demands elaborate repair solutions that are pretty much expensive. Also, it proffers a greater degree of risk to the occupants of your house.
Do you know the signs that indicate foundation repair? Maybe you already have, but have ignored them! Here is a quick guide for you!
- When the drywall of your house has cracks, it often signifies problems with your foundation like uneven sloping. Though precisely, most of the time, we think it to be water damage in the roof, foundation issues can also be the reason.
- You may notice water clogging surrounding the house foundation or even in the basement that leads to cracks and damp walls. There is a high possibility your foundation will undergo serious damage if you do not fix the problem immediately!
- Do you have a jammed door? Or is your door getting stuck and not closing properly? In such cases, the foundation of the house is often the prime suspect. You have to undergo house foundation repair if you notice a gap on top of the door. You can face a similar problem with your windows too!
- Bowing walls or your house getting tilted to one side means a sagging foundation. It is a very serious issue and demands prompt action. It can lead to major accidents including the demolition of the structure! Can you imagine the havoc it is going to cause?
- The shifting of the foundation can cause the walls to separate from your house. Gaps between cupboards and walls imply moving away of the walls from their original position.
- Uneven or sagging floors are also a clear indication of foundation issues.
To conclude, home foundation repair is of utmost necessity to protect the integrity of your building structure and have a safe living space.