Planning to add a bathtub in your bathroom? Or thinking of adding new tiles in the kitchen? If you don’t wish to do all of this by yourself, then you will have to outsource this work to a professional Residential contractor NYC. But, choosing an efficient contractor is not that easy too. It is a little tricky to tell if a professional is good enough for a particular project.
While hiring a contractor, your approach should be clear and intelligent. You should not simply choose the very first person you come across. You should go through the profile of a couple of contractors and then choose the right one for your project.
Steps for finding the right contractor
- Get some recommendations
The very first and the most important step here is to first get some recommendations from your friends and relatives. You will finally have a list of some of the best contractors with you. For preparing the list you should:
- Check with your relatives and friends for getting some recommendations especially if they have got some renovation done recently
- Search on the internet for different service types that you require in your locality
- Check the reviews on the internet
- Surf the social media for getting recommendations
- Compare the profile of every contractor
You should select Painting contractors Bronx who specialize in projects of remodelling like you are planning to do. Anyone specializing in remodelling kitchens would not be able to renovate your bathroom or conduct a painting job in your house. A house improvement contractor who has a creative instinct would also be quite helpful for some of the projects.
You should check with every contractor on the list for their previous projects. They might have a website where you may check the reviews of their previous clients.
- Check the license and certificate
You should have at least 6 to 8 names in your list. A good way of narrowing down a contractor is to check the license and the certificate of the contractor. The certificate and license of the contractor would help you to decide if he is reliable and knowledgeable enough.
Also, you need to ensure that the license and the certificate the person is carrying is valid. These things are very important as sometimes the contractor even needs to get DOB violation remove NYC done.
- Check the references of the friends and relatives
Once you narrow down the best contenders, start checking for references. A well reputable contractor would be always ready to offer you a list of previous clients. A Building restoration contractor NY reference list comprises of multiple jobs including the name, address as well as contact details of the clients.
Next you need to call every reference. In case the list is long, choose some of the most recent projects and some of the older projects. Prepare an in depth note while speaking to these clients.
You may ask a few questions like:
- Was the project completed on scheduled
- Did the contractors clean the site after completing the project
- Did the contractor address the issues promptly
- Was he punctual
- Did he charge a reasonable price for the project